“His songs and performances transfix audiences within a beautiful passage of emotion created the second he steps on stage…”BBC Introducing
James Jackson is something else. Others would agree that there is no other way to put it. There is an air of warmth and nostalgia to him but in a way that you just can’t place directly. Each song is a modern, time stopping, beautiful, moment of emotion – graced upon the stage and in his recordings. All this said about a guy who is yet to turn 18.
James’ music draws on the style and emotion of the 70’s movement of singer-songwriters as well as today’s expansive Indie Folk scene. This passionate expression brought together with beautiful lyrics and mellow acoustic and atmospheric accompaniment. His music would not be out of place on Spotify’s “Lost in the Woods” Playlist.
He has expansive experience live performance having played live since a very early age – James has grown up on the stage and it is where he is home. His songs tackle the emotions of himself and others in broken relationships, heartache and growing up in a changing world.
“His Music is relatable, passionate and emphatic…”MusikMagazine
- Broadcast and interviewed multiple times on BBC Introducing Lancashire.
- Performed at the first Highest Point Festival in 2018.
- Recorded a Live Session in Media City for BBC Introducing.
- Performed at notable venues across the North West such as The Deaf Institute, Leaf on Bold Street and Arts Club.
- 600 hours + of Live Performance experience.
- Has self produced/released all of his music thus far in his career.