“His songs and performances transfix audiences within a beautiful passage of emotion created the second he steps on stage…”MusikMagizine
“His Music is relatable, passionate and emphatic…”BBC Introducing
James Jackson is something else. Others would agree that there is no other way to put it. There is an air of warmth and nostalgia to him but in a way that you just can’t place directly. Each song is a modern, time stopping, beautiful, moment of emotion – graced upon the stage and in his recordings. All this said about a guy who is yet to turn 18.
James’ music draws on the style and emotion of the 70’s movement of singer-songwriters as well as today’s expansive Indie Folk scene. This passionate expression brought together with beautiful lyrics and mellow acoustic and atmospheric accompaniment. His music would not be out of place on Spotify’s “Lost in the Woods” Playlist.
Alongside his solo project, James also works within the industry as a Producer, Composer and Live Sound Technician . Recently he has been involved in composing instrumental music for a number of podcasts and short films. Most notably, he created the score for the Short Film “Captured” as funded by the Lancashire Police and Crime Commissioner.
- Broadcast and interviewed multiple times on BBC Introducing Lancashire.
- Performed at the first Highest Point Festival in 2018.
- Recorded a Live Session in Media City for BBC Introducing.
- Performed at notable venues across the North West such as The Deaf Institute, Leaf on Bold Street and Arts Club.
- 600 hours + of Live Performance experience.
- Has self produced/released all of his music thus far in his career.
- Is a member of PPL and PRS
- Singing, Guitar, Piano, Drums, Bass.
- Production Skills in Logic Pro X.
- Live Sound.
- Video Editing.
- Social Media Management.